The original proprietorial school was founded at Stroud House, Grayswood, Surrey in 1926. It was a small day school and had about 25 boys.
In 1946 the school was moved to Zeals House near Mere in Wiltshire.
Stroud School finally settled in 1953 at its present location between Romsey and Winchester, Hampshire. Highwood House is a beautiful red brick building constructed in 1850 by Captain Suckling (related to Lord Nelson).
Mr and Mrs Sanger-Davies became the owners and Mr Sanger-Davies the Headmaster in 1959.
In 2002 the ASD Sports Hall was built on site.
Elizabeth Sanger-Davies Early Years building was built in 2006 to accommodate Stroud’s Nursery and Reception classes.
Stroud became Environmentally Friendly in 2009 becoming an Eco School after achieving Green Flag status.
Stroud School was purchased by King Edward VI School, a leading independent day school and sixth form in Hampshire, with a long and distinguished history, stretching back more than 450 years.
Both the Dining Room and the Year 5 Pod were built this year.
The new Middle School building provides a spacious educational environment, with a very dynamic design. All classrooms have direct access to undercover outside areas, allowing all pupils to learn outdoors in all weather. The materials and colours have been chosen carefully to fit in with our natural woodland surroundings.
The Wellbeing Centre connects all the areas of the school for enhancing the students’ wellbeing; learning support, the counsellor and a dedicated wellbeing room. This room has been designed to be a quiet, safe space in the heart of the school where any child can go to get away from the hustle and bustle of school life.
2020 – The current Headmistress Mrs Rebecca Smith joined the School.
A fantastic state-of-the-art play area was built for the school, complete with tunnels, turrets and hammocks.