At Stroud we recognise that for our children to successfully overcome difficulties and achieve what they want out of life, we must prioritise their wellbeing.
Our Senior Emotional Literacy Support Assistant (ELSA), Sally Brown, is housed in our Wellbeing Centre, which offers a warm and welcoming therapeutic environment for our pupils – a safe place to talk, to reflect, to be listened to and reset. She is supported by three further ELSAs, in Early Years, Key Stage 1 and Middle School.
As we know, emotional health and emotional wellbeing is such an area of need, especially during recent uncertain and challenging times. The Wellbeing Centre offers a space to accommodate children who are experiencing stress or social and emotional concerns. Children who would benefit from some time out. The Centre offers a calm and reflective place to go, for personalised support, to talk about concerns and seek additional help if needed.
In addition, we also offer the following support for our children:
- Pastoral/therapeutic support
- Group work.
- Bereavement Group.
- Weekly Romsey Young Carers Group.
- Youth in Romsey Counsellor.
- Peer Friendship Group – run by pupils.
- Weekly 1:1 small group Outdoor Learning sessions with Silas and working with the animals.
- Wednesday afternoon Wilderness Group for pupils who for whatever reason do not participate in Wednesday afternoon matches.
- Daily breaktime sessions including Midweek Chillout (Meditation/relaxation), Crochet Club.
- Worry post-box.
- Worry Boxes and books in each of the MS classes.